- Duration: 2 days: March 6th & 7th 2017 (from 9 AM to 5 PM)
- Language: English
- Location: EMA House: Nordstrasse 1, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland.
- Beginner developers with prior knowledge of any programming language.
- Students with development experience wanting to specialise in iOS, watchOS, macOS or tvOS development.
- This training can be completed either using Xcode on a Mac or using Swift Playgrounds on an iPad!
What you will learn:
- Day 1: Basics of the Swift Programming Language
- Intro to Swift, Cocoa, history of the platform, “big picture” overview.
- Elements of the language: optionals, statements, functional programming, protocol-oriented programming, protocol extensions.
- Day 2: Practical Swift:
- Gestures and touch events.
- View controllers and navigation.
- Working with iOS table views, scroll views.
- Brief intro to network calls for REST API services.
All candidates will need the following prior knowledge:
- Object-oriented or functional programming skills.
- Prior knowledge of any other programming language, such as Objective-C, C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of the macOS and/or iOS operating systems.
Candidates will need either of these:
- Either a Mac, with the latest version of macOS and Xcode (freely available from the Mac App Store)
- Or an iPad Pro with Swift Playgrounds for iPad already installed and ready to use.
The training includes lunch. Please let us know in case of special dietary requirements (Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal, Kosher, etc.)
Please contact us if you are a student currently enrolled in a University or other higher education institution to apply for a student discount.
- This training requires previous programming experience in any programming language. It is not aimed to those who have never written code previously.
- The training cost does not include any transportation or lodging costs, which are under the full responsibility of the attendee.
- Terms and conditions apply.