- Duration: 3 days: March 8th, 9th and 10th 2017 (9 AM to 5 PM)
- Language: English
- Location: EMA House: Nordstrasse 1, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland.
- Developers with at least 2 years of experience in C++, Java or C#, looking for the next big challenge, and after learning the basics of Objective-C.
- Mobile developers with experience with Android, who have been exposed to iOS and would like to learn more about it.
- Current iOS Developers wanting to enhance their skills and take them to the next level.
What you will learn:
- The Cocoa Touch runtime: how applications work behind the curtain.
- Drawing and animation: Quartz, Core Animation and Core Foundation.
- Organisation of large Xcode projects, including best practices and patterns.
- Working with structured data in Swift.
- Networking: how to create and maintain complex network applications.
- Storyboards: how to organise large applications.
- Recommended Xcode application architecture patterns.
- Core Data in depth: model editors, architecture, contexts, memory management.
- Local and Remote Notifications
Candidates will be required to have prior knowledge of the below in order to attend a session:
- Prior knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, C or C++ required.
- Basic notions of manual memory management (malloc / free, new / delete, etc) in C or C++.
- Object-oriented and/or functional programming skills.
Candidates will need a Mac with the latest OS X and the following software already installed and ready to use:
- Xcode (freely available from the Mac App Store)
- For those willing to install applications in their own devices, they will have to install the required certificates and provisioning profiles prior to the training session, and also bring their iOS device running iOS 6.1.2 or later (iPad, iPhone or iPod touch) with its corresponding USB cable.
The training includes lunch. Please let us know in case of special dietary requirements (Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal, Kosher, etc.)
Please contact us if you are a student currently enrolled in a University or other higher education institution to apply for a student discount.
- This training is not suitable for iOS developers at a beginners level. Prior exposure to Xcode, Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch is required.
- The training cost does not include any transportation or lodging costs, which are under the full responsibility of the attendee.
- Terms and conditions apply.